Friday, May 14, 2010

Bag this

For months I had wanted a new bag since the one I was using had only one compartment and one small pocket. To find something as regular as my wallet was like opening a Pandora's box. Infinite things popped out, some of which I assumed I had misplaced for sure. Everything had to be turned upside down to reach down to that slinking object in question.

I have a new bag now. This one has three compartments and four extra pockets to segregate all my belongings which are Huge in number, by the way. All my things are now compartmentalized in an ordered manner; medicines in one; important papers in the other etc. Its Just that now I forget which pocket I kept a certain object in. Remember how the last key in a bunch is usually the right one? Keys love to do that to me; and in this case, the pockets pick up from where the keys let go. My new battle involves unzipping and zipping back the multiple pockets to find that slinking object in question.

Suddenly, the idea of one compartment doesn't sound that bad. I think I'll change back the bags today.

4 comments:

  1. Lol that's a nice narration.. goes to show how complex and simple life is at the same time. Is the invention or tool, in this case the bag, serving a need or creating new ones?

    I think actions are always more complex and nuanced than they seem. You need to have the will to wrestle with paradox in the pursuit of better understanding. For only then will these little nuances fade away and give you fulfillment in the diminutive moments of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well said .. Let me consult my dictionary first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the bag(bechara.. :() has nothing to do with it. It was moreover your state of mind 'confused'; prior to looking for the key, which made you look in the all the compartments but right. Because you see, when we decide the compartments in a bag(having plenty of pocket in offering), we always have something in mind. Like in my case all the stuff the I am used to using(wont elaborate on that stuff cause that will make it too girly :P) is all in my front main pocket. There are few small pockets where I keep the keys to some unimportant locks; unimportant in my own language. Note.'in my language' is an imp clause. Pendrive, in the first reachable small pocket. The wallet; most importantly, in the second and last main compartment and some hidden pocket for.. hey hey hey.. I am not planning to be mugged here but telling you that how that decision-making of compartments Vs. items goes in a bag. So it could be possibly my pre-confused or tensed state that could lead to a state like you mentioned other then some exceptional times... so the 'bag' remains innocent!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought there were only three states solid, liquid gas :P .. but u have mentioned way more than i thought were possible :P :P
    ... and i agree with you choosing pockets acc to needs, but what to do if your bag looks similar both sides.. u know the orientation changes everything :D
    .. but i agree, the bag is innocent ! Btw i didn't change the bags.. i thought of buying a new one. Lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr

Subscribe