Thursday, May 20, 2010

a prayer and a thought

My brains have been hibernating these days. With a major backlog of sleep from the previous week, I have almost resembled a walking zombie. Anyhow, I thought of catching up on a movie last evening. A better option would have been to turn on a rom-com, which I could have seen even with my eyes closed, but instead, I chose to go for this complex, use-your-head sci-fi. No wonder my zapped out brains turned my eyes off somewhere during the all important climax.

Morning arrives. The realization of missing out on the ending (I don't like leaving movies half-seen) and the craving to watch it, dawn. A quick prayer goes up "Dear God, please make my car pool guys late by 15 minutes". It was a HUGE shot in the dark, by the way, since these guys are punctual to the point of being painful, and I mean Real painful. That's another story, but. I get ready and wait for that godforsaken call, any second now. Temptation takes over and I start the movie. A minute of the climax if nothing else, maybe.


Five minutes go by. No call. Eight. Ten. Twelve. Could this Really be happening? Movie ends. Credits roll. The phone rings.


**Drumrolls** Prayer answered! Thank you Lord for making something that hasn't happened in months, happen!


I pick up my bag (I haven't changed it yet). A thought that usually enters my head at times like these, enters: "Kya yaar, kuch aur maang liya hota toh shaayad woh bhi mil jaata!!" Usual greediness at work, I know. I start thinking: Simple prayers like these sometimes get answered so instantaneously, they totally make your day. You just got to wait a we..e..ee bit longer for those paramount life-altering ones (admit, job, life-partner). Maybe, it takes that bit longer because what you want may not not always be what is right for you.


With that thought, I leave my home, smiling.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, blame it on my excitement of getting closer to friday eve or this (which is not so pleasant to write) mood, that my comments on this post came in the form of these tidbits:
    1st Para -> Sci-fi.. Which movie yar?
    2nd Para -> you get a bingo!! from me for 'not leaving a movie half-seen' :)
    3rd(tiny) Para -> However, you still mentioned nothing about the 'film' :P
    4th(again the tiny) Para -> Oh yeay!!
    5th(and the last) Para ->
    - Good! you can still look for a replacement of that bag or may be near November..
    - Typical humans..'kuch aur maang liya hota woh bhi mil jaata!!'; we are so liberal with our desires :P
    - So you left me with nothing more to say with that conviction, in the end :)

    p.s. don't blame on me if I made you refer your own post again :P to find the links to my useless comments :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought that such a small post could invite such a detailed post mortem ! :)
    You pay so much attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chhotttiii you're ssshhhoooooo sshhhwweeeeettttttttttttttttttttttt :)
    MPT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this is the major belief of my life these days!
    Believe it or not, my own last blog post quoted this:
    "Ask, and it shall be given you;
    seek, and ye shall find;
    knock, and it shall be opened unto you"

    And people have been random conversations where people have been quoting instances similar to your post... It must be true! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr

Subscribe