Thursday, November 15, 2012

Its never enough when its Harry Potter

After a delay of almost seven weeks and getting a final kick from the fast approaching deadline, I finally chose the day to attend the Harry Potter Exhibition at Marina Bay Sands ArtScience Museum.

I cannot emphasize enough on the excitement which watching actual props from the movie sets on display, can generate. Maybe other obsessive fans can help me here.

Not having any HP fans around, I was going for the exhibition alone.

Even better!

Harry Potter books have always brought out this childlike wonder in me. I have spent a lot of my idle time imagining the world which Rowling has created.

This time was no different. Waiting just outside the entry to the exhibition with dozens of kids around me, I could feel my excitement mingling with theirs. I could see wide smiles on parents and kids alike. And why  not! To be greeted with the flying car was a signal of what to expect next.


After been shown through the veiled mist door, the main exhibition started. Various props, clothes, sets used from the movie were on display. Be it Harry Potter's glasses (THE GLASSES!!), the snitch which Harry caught in his mouth, Lord Voldemort's wand, Half Blood Prince's potions book, recreation of Gryffindor dormitory, Hermione's Yule ball dress, I couldn't stare at these wonders enough.

Goosebumps, Yes!

Sadly, I could not take any pics as one of the witch attendants warned us of being thrown to Azkaban if found doing so! That's a warning enough, no? :D

And as is the case mostly, there was a souvenir shop at the end. How could I not shop from the goodie store sale (not a sale though, going by the prices). Wands, pens, Hoodies, tees, book, diaries, glasses and what not! After much adjustment to my budget and sacrificing some magical stuff for others, forty five stressful minutes later, I was armed with a Gryffindor Tee, a pic of mine superimposed in front of  Hogwarts, a Chocolate frog, Bertie Botts every flavor (Not the ones from the movie!) beans and a Marauder's map. 

Yes! My very own Marauder's map. I am going to be upto no good for sure.  

Whattay day! 

HP relived all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr

Subscribe